[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: I'm thinking about moving to Rocky Point full time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
gregc

my name is greg and i am planning on moving to Rocky Point from Chicago.

am i completely nuts? i'm 28 years old, ASU alumni, and always loved Rocky Point everytime i have gone.

i'm thinking of making the move down there.

are there many Americans living down there full time?
Post Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:28 pm 
mexhapati

living in mexico is not the same as living here full time and yet there are a great many us citizens living in puerto peņasco

there are factors to consider

legal
immigration
cultural
language

and others - e mail me for more

rolguin@mexhapati.com
Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 pm 
Roberto

At 28 years old are you already retired with a permanent income to pay for housing,phone ,food,gas,auto repairs,medical,etc ? Keep in mind that the unemployment rate here is very high for those of us who grew up here & even studied english in school to get a job. Without working & most everyone speaking Spanish during the week when the tourists are gone will you be comfortable here long term. If you get sick will you be able to talk to the operator for help,find a doctor, or talk to him about your illness. As a foreigner living here you will have to register with the Immigration office,pay the yearly fees,and appear before federal officials each time to have your permits renewed & it's all in Spanish. Did you know our constitution has no bill of rights for citizens.
There are some very good books available on this website about our laws & culture.Check them out by clicking on the 'Books' link on the left side of the home page. Living in foreign countries can be a real adventure but really study up on it as much as you can first.
Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:39 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >