[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: Rental Cars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic

Is it true Rental cars are not allowed to go into Mexico?
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:34 pm 
b

That depends on a number of factors... you age, the agency, etc.

There are agencies that will rent cars and insure them to go into Mexico. Drop me an email at penasco@gmail.com and I'll detail it all for you.
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:28 pm 
Party Girl

If you rent acar in USA you have to pay a lot of extra cash to cross it into mexico...some companies don't even offer that though. The thing is..to be honest here...I've done it a billion times but you run the risk of being a liar...I have never had a problem..and you can still get mexican auto insurance by simply showing the rental contract OR by simply giving the car's license plates and general info...its not abig deal, only that you're kinda not following the orginal contract you made wih the rental company
Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:12 pm 

And if by 'run the risk of being a liar' you mean 'run the risk of being reported for grand theft auto for stealing a car', then, yes.

See this story:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/local/profiles/chi-020811surveillance,1,2305619.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

.. re budget rent a car (in Tucson, no less) using GPS systems to track where their rental cars go, how fast, etc.

They were using them to enfore the 'no out of state travel' portion of their contract which they then charged the user thousands of dollars in fees for breaking.
Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:15 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >